Friday, December 7, 2007

Day Of The Racer



Is this Speed Racer Day or what? Just as the first stills were released to tease us, Moviefone gets the exclusive first trailer online.

It's still not as impressive as I thought the movie would be, and it still looks a lot like Tron! But I must admit there's a certain charm in those strikingly colourful images (even the MPAA green band looks extra green!). Even so, it's in terrible danger of becoming a fanboy movie, with all those references to the original cartoon - those speed lines across the background, for one thing, and Emile Hirsch looking a lot like the cartoon Speed.

And woah, Jeong Ji-hoon aka Rain doing kungfu! (Or is it tae kwon-do?) Too bad we don't get to see much of Sanada Hiroyuki (I think there was a split-second shot of him).

I guess, as always, it all boils down to the story and how good it is.


COPYRIGHT POLICY: It's simple: Steal my stuff and I'll kick you in the nuts