Friday, December 14, 2007

Coming Soon ... Or Maybe Not


Seeing as how A History Of Violence never made it to our screens, it was certainly a joy and big relief to see, via a trailer on the big GSC screen while queuing for tickets, that Cronenberg's Eastern Promises will be released on Jan 3.

And seeing as how the Coen brothers' films hardly ever screen over here, I'd be terribly surprised if No Country For Old Men gets a slot next year. I've read the Cormac McCarthy book, and yes, while it's not among his best work, it's certainly gripping and suspenseful, and a nice observation on whether the world really has become more violent today ... or it's been this way since time immemorial.







Other films I'd put on the to-watch list (or as Nutshell puts it, "I want see" list):

Paul Thomas Anderson's There Will Be Blood

3:10 To Yuma

The Assasination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford

Persepolis

Atonement

Wes Anderson's The Darjeeling Limited

Brad Anderson's Transsiberian

Yes, it seems like I have a thing for films made by people named "Anderson." Heh. And I can bet you, Brad Anderson's film is going to make a short, surprise appearance on our screens, unannounced, and then disappear quietly. It happened with the terribly underrated Session 9 and the excellent The Machinist. It's going to happen again.


COPYRIGHT POLICY: It's simple: Steal my stuff and I'll kick you in the nuts