Saturday, April 26, 2008

Kamal Haasan In Overdrive

Maybe you don't know this, but I have a slight penchant for Tamil movies. Somehow the characters in the movies feel more real than the ones in Hindi films.

One actor whom I've been following off and on is the great Kamal Haasan. This is one busy actor who constantly challenges himself by taking on what are sometimes seemingly impossible roles. I've seen him play a midget; he was walking on his knees throughout the film, but they used perspectives and angles that made it look like he had short legs. Then there was the time he played the dual roles in the Indian version of Mrs Doubtfire. The guy really is a chameleon. I remember how he used to be quite skinny, but suddenly became super-buff, back in the days when musclebound action heroes like Schwarzenegger and Stallone were the in-thing.

I like Kamal Haasan. And I enjoy watching him on screen. That's why when I saw the trailer for his upcoming huge-budget epic, Dasavatharam, I almost fell out of my chair.

The guy's really gone and done it this time. He's playing TEN different characters in this movie! While the story is still a big mystery, I'm guessing from the looks of the trailer that it's going to be something like Quantum Leap, where he leaps into the bodies of different people. I'm just speculating, but nonetheless, the trailer looks fantastic, and I can't wait for the movie to open.

It was partly shot in Malaysia.

Grady wrote a bit about it, too.

Visit the Official Website here.


COPYRIGHT POLICY: It's simple: Steal my stuff and I'll kick you in the nuts