Thursday, March 19, 2009

Miscellaneous Miscellany

  • I should have written about this last week, but I guess it's never too late. Gone Shopping is showing now at GSC, and it's probably the best Singapore film I've seen in a long time. It's endlessly entertaining, even touching in some parts and has quite something to say about the Lion City's urban culture. If you haven't already seen it, I urge you to.
  • There's a MacGyver movie in the making. Are we excited or what?
  • A poster of Where The Wild Things Are is available now. View it here at Twitch. It looks mighty fine.
  • Those who know me probably won't believe this, but rest assured April 1 is still some ways away, so trust me, this is real: I like the Transformers 2 "leaked" trailer, even though I didn't think much of the first trailer. Now I'm interested to see it.
  • Lastly, check out the official trailer for musical comedy Sell Out!, directed by Yeo Joon Han. The film will be screening at the Singapore International Film Festival on April 21, so get your tickets now. Otherwise, you'll have to wait till probably May to see it on these shores.

COPYRIGHT POLICY: It's simple: Steal my stuff and I'll kick you in the nuts