Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ada Apa Dengan Zohan?

I say this with total conviction: You Don't Mess With The Zohan is probably the most fucked up movie I've ever seen in my entire life. It's so fucked up, you'll feel completely fucked up after seeing it, even more if you found yourself laughing at some of the fucked up jokes.

I hardly ever use expletives to describe a movie, but I think The Zohan calls for it. How did a fine actor like John Turturro move from being in fine films like Barton Fink and The Big Lebowski to this disaster of a comedy?

I love stupid comedies, even Dude, Where's My Car?. And I love politically incorrect stuff. But the un-PC-ness of The Zohan is pointless and only crude and rude for the sake of being so. That's fucked up.

If I have to further describe The Zohan, sans expletives, it would be this: The Zohan is Borat with a bigger budget, even less taste and absolutely no point.

Ya, so the movie makes fun of both Israelis and Palestinians, and American rednecks, but essentially it says that the US is the only one that can get the Middle East people to live together peacefully. And that the Israel-Palestine conflict is really nobody's fault.

And that is truly fucked up.


COPYRIGHT POLICY: It's simple: Steal my stuff and I'll kick you in the nuts